Step 1. Connect the Linksys PAP2 to an Internet connection by the following pictures.
A. Plug an analog telephone into the �Phone 1� port
B. Plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of the Linksys PAP2 in order to connect it to a router or an Internet connection.
C. Connect the power cord to the Linksys PAP2.
Step2. Set the Linksys PAP2 to the factory default configuration.
If you ONLY want to change some items of setting, please skip this step.
A. Pick up the phone attached to the Linksys.
B. Dial ****73738#
C. Press 1 to confirm
D. Hang up the phone
Step3. Obtain an IP address of the Linksys PAP2
A. Enable DHCP to acquire an IP address automatically
1. Pick up the phone attached to the Linksys
2. Dial ****
3. Press 101# after you hear �Linksys configuration menu.�
4. Press 1# to enable DHCP
5. Hang up the phone and wait a while.
B. Obtain a valid IP address of the Linksys PAP2.
1. Pick up the phone attached to the Linksys PAP2
2. Dial ****
3. Press 110# after you hear �Linksys configuration menu�
4. The Linksys will read back an IP address of the PAP2. If this IP address is valid, you can immediately go to Step 5. Otherwise, you need to take the following Step C.
C. If the IP address of the PAP2 is 0.0.0.0, please take the following actions.
1. Hang up the phone, unplug and replug the PAP2 power cord to reboot.
2. Wait a few minutes, then check the IP address again by Step B
3. If the IP address is still invalid, please check the following aspects.
– The DHCP server does not assign an IP address to the PAP2. Please configure the DHCP server.
– The network does not have a DHCP server. Please configure a static IP address manually by Step 4.
Step 4. Configure a static IP address manually
If the Linksys PAP2 can not acquire a valid IP address automatically, it is necessary to configure a static IP address manually.
A. Obtain an IP address, a default gateway and a subnet mask
B. Pick up the phone connected to the Linksys.
C. Dial ****
D. Press 101# after you hear �Linksys configuration menu�
E. Press 0# to disable DHCP.
F. Press 1 to save the setting.
G. Press 111# to access the IP address Menu
H. Input the static IP address followed by # and use * to indicate a period (.). For example, the IP address is 192.168.1.135 would be 192*168*1*135#.
I. Press 1 to save the setting.
J. Press 131# to access the default gateway menu.
K. Enter the default gateway followed by # and use * to indicate a period (.).
L. Press 1 to save the setting.
M. Press 121# to access the subnet mask menu
N. Enter the subnet mask followed by # and use * to indicate a period (.).
O. Press 1 to save the setting.
Finally, please verify the IP address of Linksys is valid by Step 3.
Step 5. Set the configuration of the Linksys
A. Open the configuration page by typing the following link into your web browser:
http://IP_address/ where IP_address is the IP address of the Linksys PAP2.
B. Click on �Admin Login� and then click on �Switch to advanced view�.
C. Click on the �Line 1� tab link. A configuration will be displayed. Fill in the highlighted fields. Please do not modify other default values.
D. Click on the �User 1� tab link. Another configuration will be displayed. Please fill in the highlighted fields and do not touch other default values.